Buy Head heavy badminton racket!
A head heavy badminton racket is known for its power and control during long stroke movements, such as clears, drives and smashes. With this type of rackets you can put your opponent under pressure and force them into the defense. Hit smash after smash or press your opponent deep in the back of the field.
Features of a head heavy badminton racket:
||(head heavy ○●○○○ head light)
||30,5 - 31,5 cm
The main advantages of a head heavy badminton racket are:
- Strong attacking
- More control in the long stroke movement such as clears
The disadvantages or points that you should take into account when purchasing a top-heavy racket are:
- Need more wrist strength
- Less pleasant with smash catch, for example, because of the delayed stroke movement
- Not maneuverable enough for trick shots and fast short hits on the net
The balance point of a head heavy badminton racket is between 30.5 and 31.5 cm from the bottom of the handle.
To determine the balance point, do the following:
- You can find this balance point by placing the stem on the tip of your nail / finger.
- Move the stem until you find the center of gravity. The racket then no longer falls to the left or right.
- Measure the distance from the bottom of the handle to the balance point in the handle.
Are there still strings in the racket? Then pull 1 cm from the determined balance point. Strings in a tension weigh approx. 4.5 grams.
Badminton racket advice
Would you like to buy a head light badminton racket? Then you are at the right online badminton shop at KW FLEX.nl. Are you unable to choose the perfect racket yourself? Would you like extra information from our badminton expert? No problem! Our badminton specialist is always available online, telefonisch/whatsapp +31-616 501 686 or in our badminton shop in Rijen to ask for advice! He will help you buy the right badminton rackets.